Saturday, July 2, 2011

Javier Colon - My Little Girl

Dear Little Brother:

I'm feeling a little guilty about my rant the other day...I was 'up in a whip' as my friend B would say...but I won't delete...I felt strongly about something and I voiced it...so that's a victory...

Anyway, so if there are TVs in the afterlife, I hope you were watching The Voice...If you weren't a fan of Javier Colon, we are in a fight...but I feel that way about the entire final four...the first time I heard Javier's voice was at an Indigo Girl's concert in Charleston, South Carolina...with in the past 3 years...could have even been last summer but I seriously don't remember...I just know we had sushi for dinner and my friend LF invited a few people to eat with us...and it turned out I knew them already...hilarious moment which I'm purposely underselling...It was an outdoor show but a very intimate setting...tons of people I knew...so we were all chatting and laughing on beautiful coastal summer night...then his voice pierced the darkness...the crowd either completely went silent or I tuned them out...I'm not sure which - B was there with me, maybe she remembers....We were all like - who is this guy and why haven't we heard of him?  So when the first episode of The Voice aired and there was Javier Colon - Me = Instant Fan!

Javier has a song he wrote for his little girl...and it brought tears to my eyes...I wonder if you got the chance to write your little girl a song...I know you wrote our mom and your wife songs...so I hope somewhere there is a song for her...so she can understand just how much her daddy loved loves her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment