Thursday, June 23, 2011

Faith - Gotta have it...

Listen to me first....
The song above really spoke to me after my brother died...Everyone including my parents talked about praying for him and his sobriety...but it didn't come...and his addiction killed him...some people don't know how to digest unanswered prayers that end with tragedy...and I think this song speaks to that...I posted the song above because the words reach out to those experiencing the most difficult moments in their lives...some people think an HP can rescue them simply by just believing or through many many hours of prayer...the truth is that no one promised a perfect life...there is no immunity from pain and suffering on this Earth...we're all going to experience the highest of highs and the lowest of lows...

I'm not one to shout from the rooftops about my faith, write Bible verses on my Facebook status or tell people I'm praying for them...it's not my style...but I have faith in an HP...I've avoided talking about God or an HP on my blog because that's just the way I am...but since this blog is partially about grief and partially about substance abuse...and I see mentions of an HP so often on Twitter...I thought the topic relevant...

I like the idea that there is something bigger than me...looking out for me...maybe even trying to guide me in the right direction...because there are so many external factors bigger than me that aren't on my side...I need to know there is an unconditional love (besides my dog)...our individual worlds are fragile...easily shaken by death, drugs, a break up or even just a really bad day...it's easy to blame your HP when things go South...b/c sometimes there seems like there is no other place to put it...but God or your HP can be a source of strength to lean on when it feels like the whole world has abandoned you...I never blamed God for the death of my brother or for his addiction...because I also believe in free will...

If anyone else has any thoughts, please share...anonymously or not...you can also feel free to email me any comment privately...ltrs2mybrother@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment