Monday, April 4, 2011

Snapshot...

Thanksgiving day 2005...Our whole family at granny and granddaddy's house...A's first Thanksgiving (her shirt even said so)...you had moved in to the house next door...you were working on a music studio in the shed outside...you were beaming with pride...all seemed right with the world...I snapped a picture...Our mom, her little boy and her first grandchild...not to mention her dog (her favorite child, ha ha)...

What a great Christmas present it would make for mom, and granny...I didn't know it would be the last time I saw your face...I'm lucky to have that picture...if it hadn't been Thanksgiving or a special occasion I might not have had a camera on hand...but the physical picture is not needed to remember...because I won't ever forget the last time I saw you...forever young in my memory...a father, husband, son and brother looking in to the camera one last time...16 days later you would be gone...

If I had known...I would have let you talk my ear off...like you were prone to do...I would have let you play 10 seconds of a 100 songs even though it annoyed me...

I had that picture printed...enough to give everyone a copy...the last photo of you...a good memory...a happy day...I have a copy for A for when she is older...

No comments:

Post a Comment