Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Third Annual Jeremy's Run - "The Road To Recovery"

Jeremy's Run is an annual Walk/Run to benefit The Partnership at Drugfree.org and the Kolmac Foundation. Participants can choose between a 10K race, a 5K walk/run, or a 1 mile fun run.
When:    Monday, May 30th, 2011 (Memorial Day)
Where
:   The Fair Hill Shopping Center
              (in front of the Greene Turtle)              18101 Town Center Drive | Olney, Maryland 20832
Time:      Registration begins at 7:15am
              Race and Walk begin at 8:30am

I was reading Drugfree.org trying to find ways to get involved in the community other than just donating money...to me getting out and putting a human face on issues is just as important as any ad campaign...I couldn't quite find what I was looking for so further research is needed...however, I did run across this amazing race that is happening at the end of May...I've recently taken to running...I've tried for years but just didn't enjoy it...but the stars all aligned or is it the planets but anyway...I think there may be a runner in me!  Jeremy (Jeremy's Memorial Page) lost his battle with addiction in 2008 - his family and friends started this run as a tribute to his life and to shed light on addiction in teens...

I'd love for any and all of my recovery friends and stranger friends to join me this Memorial Day...You can register on the Jeremy's Run website or you can register on Active.com.  If you do sign up, let me know...so we can meet up!

No comments:

Post a Comment