Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter and The Great M&M War

Dear Brother:

Yesterday was Easter Sunday - (I can really only report to you what I was privy to hear over a phone line...I missed going home for Easter to be with the family but I keep referring to this year as a "building year"...I think by next year I will be able to travel freely for short holidays and such...)

Everyone was over at mom's house...Granny, Granddaddy, Uncle G, Aunt K, Meg and her husband along with his son and their new born, John and our stepbrother Chad (who drove himself over in his very own truck!) but most importantly your bride (Mel) and daughter (A) were all there...they had an Easter Egg hunt with the kids...apparently they hid 72 Easter eggs for two kids, ha ha ha...Mom said A ran into the house looking for her Pap Pap so she could show him the M&M's Aunt H (me) sent her - pink and purple M&M's with her name on them.

Back Story:  At Christmas when the red and green M&Ms come out...mom fills up some of the glass containers around the house...When A was barely old enough to walk and talk Pap Pap told her that she was only allowed to eat the green ones because the red were all his...she obeyed the rule for the first two Christmases but she's a smart kid and a jokester so she caught on quickly to the joke when she was old enough...they playfully argue over who can eat which color M&M...She'll steal or hide the red M&Ms from PapPap...and sometimes she'll just walk up with a hand full and shove them in her mouth and laugh.

Now she has the ultimate revenge - Personalized M&Ms just for her!  I didn't even think about the Great M&M war when I was purchasing them...I just like unique gifts!  But now I have a great idea for PapPap's birthday in May!

I know dad's holidays tend to be busy with Lisa and her girls plus an additional grand kid on that end...he and I texted yesterday but I didn't get to talk to him...which is probably more my fault b/c I texted in the AM with my initial Happy Easter b/c I thought they probably had gone to sunrise service.

Missing family holidays when you live far away isn't easy...not because I am home sick or anything but b/c it is just a good time.  I don't worry about me at all...I worry about our parent's being lonely but I shouldn't......I know they missed you...that feeling is always in the background of every happy moment...I can tell even when they don't want me to know...

No comments:

Post a Comment